We believe our clients come first and we know from experience that having a dedicated, passionate and accessible media team to hand is exactly what they need.
We have one go-to person for every client, meaning they have one contact they need to call. We only recruit highly talented, ambitious account people, with solid communications planning experience, who will understand fully the clients business and offer sound business changing media solutions.
Teams such as content, strategy, data, digital and TV will support and work closely with you and the team, to deliver expert and integrated plans for our clients. We have built our account service structure around this, and know how much clients love to work this way. Your role will sit at the top of one of these account verticals and you will be highly influential in the teams development.
the7stars is a hugely dynamic and fast growing agency. You’ll have the opportunity to shape the team and therefore the accounts within. The world really is your oyster here!
The ideal person for this position will fit with the culture of the7stars. They will be positive, participative, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, competitive, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and self-disciplined.
We are looking for the following qualities in any candidate…
- Creative Thinker: Innovate and create different solutions for clients.
- Communicative: Get excited by briefs and show passion when presenting solutions back to clients. Must be able to explain how our media recommendations can make a real difference to businesses.
- Confident: In presenting, trading and striking deals with media owners.
- Analytical: Of course, a good planner will possess amazing technical, numerical and interpretative skills, and be able to draw conclusions and react to any data results and reports.
- Stickler for detail: Monitor media schedules sent to clients across the team.
- Practical: A ‘doer’, but with an instinct for what can really be achieved when planning and buying plans.
- A minimum of 3-5 years planning and buying experience gained in an agency environment
- Experience in team management and fully integrated comms planning across all channels.
- Have a background of strategic planning and deeper understanding of solving bigger business challenges.
- Have a current knowledge of press, radio, outdoor, cinema rates and buying pools.
- Ideally the candidate will have a broad understanding of campaign evaluation – e.g. response rates, click-throughs for basic network display
- Fully compliant with Microsoft Office including power-point and excel.
- Advanced experience with key planning tools such as Touchpoints, Comscore, Race etc.)
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative campaign management tools such as Sysomos, Google Analytics, Ad Dynamics and Brand Index
Leading key accounts within the team, you will be responsible for managing a team of 1-3 people and delivering results for all your clients, including Robert Dyas, GO Outdoors and VictoriaPlum.com. Within the7stars culture, you have the flexibility to make this role truly your own, with limited process that will never stifle your development.
- Be the first point of call for clients, from dealing with day-to-day requests to taking and answering more complex full media briefs
- Brief and manage internal teams to deliver on client requirements across the whole business
- Immerse yourself within our clients business sector, to identify key opportunities and areas for growth
- Industry knowledge – keeping up-to-date with industry developments across the wider media landscape and identify new and exciting opportunities for your clients
- Manage relationships with senior media owners, making sure all campaigns are delivered to the highest standard and to all audit parameters
- Forever evolve media plans, showcasing intelligent planning in line with new media opportunities
- Uncompromising quality control, internally and externally, at all times not only in your workflow but for your teams too
- Support on new business pitches and source new business potential
- Participate in wider agency business activities to add value across wider business teams
- Develop and manage a team, ensuring their own growth and progression
- Liaise directly with our agency partners to ensure fully integrated media solutions