The ideal candidate will fit with the culture of the7stars – they will be positive, participative, inquisitive and imaginative. Flexibility and attention to detail are also important aspects of the role.
- Analytical: Possess amazing interpretative skills, and be at home synthesizing different types of research data to pull out the insight story.
- Pro Active: Seek ways to improve existing methodologies/processes and develop the quality of research outputs for the benefit of the7stars clients.
- Multi Tasker: Working across a diverse range of areas – from client projects, to pitch work, to thought leadership pieces – passion and enthusiasm are key, combined with an instinct for what’s achievable.
- Communicative: Be excited by the challenge and involve others in the process, with the ultimate aim to have an impact on the research and insight offering at the7stars.
The person appointed will be joining a small, dynamic insight team. The opportunity to shape and grow the role for the right candidate is open ended. the7stars offers a varied learning and development programme that suits individual needs, and promotes an inclusive and friendly culture to work in.
The Insight Manager will be responsible
- Managing ongoing and ad-hoc client projects – including liaising with third parties, internal teams and the end client. This will include working across multiple clients and projects at any one time.
- Advising clients on research best practice and identifying opportunities when consumer insight can offer a solution towards strategic communications planning.
- Being a confident user and champion of planning and research tools and systems. Supporting other teams across the agency when required to get the most from the resources.
- Being able to identify and apply relevant quantitative and qualitative research methods to consumer insight projects as necessary.
- Being fully abreast of market research and insight trends and sharing and informing the wider agency.
- Working collaboratively with other teams in the agency – particularly the Strategy and Planning teams.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following:
- Have worked in a commercial or ad-funded environment with an appreciation of client consumer insight challenges and timelines.
- Be a skilled quantitative researcher and demonstrate experience and understanding of qualitative and/or other innovative research methodologies.
- To have commissioned and managed 3rd party research agencies, from project initiation through to the reporting of actionable insights.
- Have significant experience in the use of media planning tools and systems (TGI, YouGov, Mintel, Comscore etc)
- Experience of social media insight analysis would also be preferred, with expertise in different listening software and client project types.
- Knowledge of research community management, engagement techniques and software tools (eg Vision Critical or similar)
- Have an inquisitive approach to work and possess the ability to draw insight from data and make recommendations to present confidently directly to clients.